Office of Research Awareness Session: University-Industry (U-I Collaborations) – Understanding Your Industry Counterparts and the Corporate World

Part I:  Attracting and keeping corporate sponsors via developing keen sensibilities around intellectual property, confidentiality and the corporate value proposition

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.

Part I Presenter:  Jennifer Crisp, Director, Office of Technology Transfer

This virtual program is aimed at university investigators, graduate students in RA roles now or anticipated, and post-docs. Presenter will offer insights to help you better understand and relate to your industry counterparts, and how U-I collaborations can be mutually beneficial for both academics and industry experts. This is an excellent introduction to U-I research and can also serve as a refresher for those who have already engaged in U-I research or collaborations. Attendees will also learn about free resources available via UIDP (University Industry Demonstration Partnership, originally begun by the National Academies) that will unlock helpful content on University-Industry (U-I) Collaborations.

Register to Attend

Content focused on the people involved, mechanics and procedures at SU for pursuing and executing U-I research engagements will be presented in a future program (Part II). The two programs together will provide attendees a solid understanding of the U-I landscape.